Tuesday, February 21, 2012

At Home Adventures with Stephen

Sometimes in the winter it takes me a long time to go on an adventure. But I am an adventurous little boy, so I do find ways to go on adventures right here at home. 

Like the day I got into the matchboxes. Mommy had a whole case of them. She said they were for her to turn into ornaments, but I found a better use for them.

See? Counting. 
You would think that my mommy would be happy that I practiced my counting, wouldn't you?
Is your mommy fussy at you when all you want to do is practice counting?

Of course I am a very gifted little boy, so I like to practice music lessons too.



Since we live in a duplex, Mommy is always telling me to practice not so loudly.
I am thinking that the neighbor lady probably appreciates musical talent more than mommy does.

Mommy did do something really cool for me, cuz even though mommy doesn't appreciate some ways of higher learning, she does see the value in learning art. So she made me an art station. 
I have been teaching my Bubba how to paint:

And since we haven't had snow this winter, I made some snow pictures for us:


And one time I even taught Sissy how to make an art project. 

I'll teach you how in a few days. 
That way when you can't get outside cuz it's too cold you can make an adventure of your own too!

3 comments:

Linda said...

Stephen, those are pretty cool indoor adventures :)

Belinda said...

Stephen my friend, I hear you on the matches. I like to count too, but the only thing I can get to are the foamy letters my Nanna has.

I like your art station! I wish I had one, cus I like to write. I have a dry erase board and marker I like to play with. Mostly I like to take the lid off and put it back on. Or try to put it on a different marker that it doesn't fit on. Very frustrating, but I like putting round pegs in square holes. I bet you do too!

I'm looking forward to seeing your art lesson.
Bye for now. Your friend,
Winston

QuiltSue said...

Stephen you must be very clever indeed. Doing counting, music, and art, and still finding time to write about all your adventures. I think I need you to fly over here and teach me how to fit so much in to my days too.